Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mass Effect 2 & Dragon Age

I need to write more. So, let's do video games!

1. Mass Effect 2 - Overall, fantastic sequel to the first one. I will do my best not to spoil anything here. It has a much darker feel than the first one, which is saying something considering the dire circumstances surrounding Commander Shepard the first time through. I loved the story and am definitely working on doing it a second time through with my male Commander Shepard.

The over game play is much better - the awkward menus have been cleaned up, and it is much smoother overall, during fights and such. I did not have people getting stuck in odd places or awkward positions due to biotics moves (that was really annoying during the first one). Several of the characters from the first one are (assuming they lived), and you get to find out the overall consequences of Shepard's exploits.

Basically, if you liked the first one, you will definitely like the second!

2. Dragon Age - I decided to go back through Dragon Age and see how high level I can attain. I think the max is 25. I made a dwarf commoner rouge for this; it has to be a rogue, since I need someone who can get all the locks during the origin story, Ostegar, and the Kokari Wilds. So far, I have cured Arl Eamon and completed the Circle of Magi quest. And that got her to 17. I also made sure to get the archivist sash in order to help things. Well, it should be interesting.

I also got the Return to Ostagar DLC. It is an interesting expansion, though I had hoped for a little more. You get a few nice weapons. The King's armor set, while nice, is not quite as good as the Blood Dragon Armor or Wade's armor, in my opinion. For amusement, I have my rogue wearing it, since her strength is high enough. On the plus side, there is some funny conversation between Alistair and Wynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment