Thursday, April 1, 2010

There is something off here

http://www.girlgamer.com/zine/article/683/

I do not know what to say, honestly. Though, Tycho at Penny Arcade summed it up well, I think:

"We spent a substantial amount of time discussing Game Crush this week, trying to discern exactly what was going on there, and I'm not certain we managed to pierce the shell.

Their site suggests that they are still down on account of ten thousand requests in five minutes, something which happens on a daily basis here at Penny Arcade, even though we don't rent women from our digital storefront. I want to think this is a thing that will wither and fall, dry and crisp, dying on the stalk. Am I wrong?"

( http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/3/31/ )

In spite of what a commenter said to me on Feministing, I do not think criticizing GameCrush is the same thing as slut-shaming. Isn't there something wrong with pushing this idea that female gamers should be judged based on their looks, their "sexiness" and their "flirtiness," as opposed to, say, substance? *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment